York FA Jnr Cup R3 | Cliffe FC vs. Crayke Reserves (A) 24th Nov 2012

This article contains a photo slide-show that will not display in a feed reader. click here for full article

York FA Junior Cup – 3rd Round
HT: 1-0
FT: Crayke Reserves 1 – 0 Cliffe FC

click here for full slide-show!

Cliffe FC are eliminated from the York FA Cup, losing 1-0 at the hands of Crayke Reserves.
Malcolm Bryce writes…

“Really frustrating day. Unlike our previous cup slip up (vs. Fulford Reserves), at least this time the team tried. We dominated possession for 80 minutes but wouldn’t of scored if we’d played all weekend.”

~ Keith Tiplady, 25th November 2012.

Cliffe FC 0 - 1 Crayke Res (York FA Cup) 24Nov12

The cup tie started at a quick pace with Cliffe hitting the woodwork early on, Nathan Parker’s effort hitting the bar. Crayke were given something to hold onto when they opened the scoring, a short goal kick down the right wing ending up in-behind Cliffe and eventually bundled in to give the underdog’s a 1-0 lead. Crayke had the ball in the net again but was disallowed for foul on ‘keeper Ally Harris. Cliffe continued to dominate possession and when the ball broke to Kev Taylor with the goal gaping a clearance off-the-line stopped the away side levelling, the Crayke defender sliding into the post as he cleared the ball unable to continue, sustaining a nasty injury. Cliffe ranks suffered a nasty looking injury before the half-time whistle, Paul Tanton colliding with both ‘keeper and a bundle of players head-first – Tanton did well to carry on in the second half but had to be subbed off citing blurred vision in one-eye. Tom Dunning hit the foot of the post at close range, from the final chance of the first-half and Crayke lead 1-0 at the interval.

Cliffe FC 0 - 1 Crayke Res (York FA Cup) 24Nov12

Cliffe’s near misses continued in the second half as many chances were either blocked or missed narrowly as Crayke hung on Taylor and, Cliffe man-of-the-match, Billy Atton having to rally some big challenges in the process. Wes Pears came close having a close range shot blocked by ‘keeper and defender, and numerous Cliffe corners and set-pieces going begging. Crayke again had the ball in the net, but this time disallowed for a hand-ball. With the final attack of the game ‘keeper Ally Harris went up for the final roll of the dice from Keith Tiplady and when the ball was knocked on by Harris to the feet of Dunning who crashed the ball agonisingly against the bar, that summed up Cliffe’s (lack-of)luck on the day. Crayke go through to the next round, 1-0 FT.

Cliffe FC 0 - 1 Crayke Res (York FA Cup) 24Nov12

Both Cliffe FC sides back in league action next weekend as 1stXI face Bishopthorpe Utd and Cliffe FC Reserves travel to face St Clement’s Reserves.

click here for full photo slide-show

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑

Create your website at WordPress.com
Get started
%d bloggers like this: